BIG BOOK NEWS
- Generation Space: A Love Story forthcoming April 2017 from Stillhouse Press
- Aperture forthcoming from Shearsman Press
- What We Talk about When We Talk about Creative Writing available from Multilingual Matters | ORDER NOW FROM AMAZON!
- Sharp Miracles available in the Delphi Poetry Series from Blue Lyra Press
- Tumor forthcoming in the Object Lessons series from Bloomsbury
- Conversing With Cancer, with co-author Lisa Sparks, forthcoming in the Language as Social Action series from Peter Lang Publishing
- Generation Space is at The Atlantic with “How Museums Fought for the Retired Space Shuttles.”
- Generation Space is going to Paris on a Visiting Fellowship from The American Library in Paris.
- Anna’s essay “Marrying Absurd” won the 2016 Essay Prize at Ninth Letter.
- Anna’s essay “Sweet Dreams Are Made of This” won the 2016 Grand Prize from Dogwood.
- Anna’s love affair with the space shuttle is featured in the “Weird Love” series at Barrelhouse.
- Read Anna’s article at The Atlantic called “The Implant that Helps Fight Cancer,” which appeared on November 13, 2015.
- Watch the video version of the poem “The Giraffes at Lincoln Park Zoo at Helen: A Magazine; this poem is nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
- Anna’s critique of summer film trailers, “Coming in 2015: Trailing Sexual Politics,” appeared at The Weeklings on June 23, 2015.
- Anna’s piece about art and gender titled “Encountering Judy Chicago” ran on International Women’s Day at The Rumpus on March 8, 2015.
- Anna’s essay about grief and her strange connection with writer Lucy Grealy is featured at The Weeklings on January 30, 2015.
- Her essay about her elopement is featured on OZY’s First-Person Friday on November 21, 2014.
- Her conversation essay with Pulitzer Prize winner Claudia Emerson and Lisa Fay Coutley is in the Sept./Oct. 2014 issue of Poets & Writers.
- Anna talked nationwide on The Academic Minute on October 17, 2014.
Anna also has poems recently published or forthcoming in After Hours, Drunken Boat, Extracts, Gravel, Mayday, Nimrod, Posit, Prick of the Spindle, Snapdragon, Southern Humanities Review (finalist for poetry prize), Sugared Water, Tinderbox Poetry Journal, Valparaiso Poetry Review, and Wordpeace.