Anna Leahy is a poet and nonfiction writer especially interested in the connections between art and science.
- Bue Lyra Press will publish Anna Leahy’s chapbook Sharp Miracles in its first volume of the Delphi Poetry Series in spring 2016.
- Anna Leahy’s critique of summer film trailers, “Coming in 2015: Trailing Sexual Politics,” appeared at The Weeklings on June 23, 2015.
- Anna’s piece about art and gender titled “Encountering Judy Chicago” ran on International Women’s Day at The Rumpus on March 8, 2015.
- Anna’s essay about grief and her strange connection with writer Lucy Grealy is featured at The Weeklings on January 30, 2015.
- Her essay about her elopement is featured on OZY’s First-Person Friday on November 21, 2014.
- Her conversation essay with Pulitzer Prize winner Claudia Emerson and Lisa Fay Coutley is in the Sept./Oct. 2014 issue of Poets & Writers.
- Anna talked nationwide on The Academic Minute on October 17, 2014.
- Anna also has poems recently published or forthcoming in After Hours, Drunken Boat, Extracts, Gravel, Mayday, Nimrod, Posit, Prick of the Spindle, Snapdragon, Southern Humanities Review (finalist for poetry prize), Sugared Water, Tinderbox Poetry Journal, Valparaiso Poetry Review, and Wordpeace.
Take a look around Anna Leahy’s website. Check out Lofty Ambitions blog!
Anna Leahy’s book Constituents of Matter, which draws language and metaphors from science, won the Wick Poetry Prize. Her chapbook Sharp Miracles is forthcoming.
Anna’s current book projects are Generation Space: A Love Story (with Douglas R. Dechow) and Conversing With Cancer: How to Ask Questions, Find and Share Information, and Make the Best Decisions (with Lisa Sparks). She has recently finished a poetry book manuscript and an edited collection about teaching as well.
She co-writes Lofty Ambitions blog with her husband, Doug Dechow. Anna is a board member of the Association of Writers and Writing Programs and was a Walter E. Dakin Fellow at the Sewanee Writers’ Conference in 2011. She teaches in the MFA and BFA programs at Chapman University.